Friday, May 16, 2008

'Cleave' - New Writing by Women in Scotland


A section of my non-fiction piece 'The Dogs' Route' about walking a drove road last September appears in this new anthology from Two Ravens Press (a Scottish newcomer attracting significant attention). Intended as a cross-genre record of what it is to be a woman in Scotland in 2008, there is a great diversity of forms and names including Jackie Kay and Dilys Rose. Launched in Borders, Glasgow on June 12th, I wish the anthology well and am pleased to have my first non-fiction 'walking' piece, about the joys of chance encounters, female-ness embedded in land and stone (see above), and the meaning of ageing, included in such a book, already available direct from the publishers.


1 comment:

david, orkney said...

Hi - I wondered if it possible to read the whole of The Dogs' Route. I'm planning to buy the anthology - but I was intrigued to see that it contains an extract from a longer piece.